Orthopedics Community

shoulder tears

I had a shoulder decompression and rotator cuff tear repair about 5 years ago, A few months ago I had a ultrasound which showed a full thickness tear, bursitis and osteoarthritis,  went to see a ortho surgeon who then got me to have a MRI scan. The scan showed no tear but alot of fluid in the shoulder, he called it a angry shoulder? Is it possible for a MRI to be wrong? If not what is with the fluid in the shoulder? can someone please help. Thankyou
Hi there!

Am MRI provides detailed images and is technically more accurate than the ultrasound. The fluid in the shoulder is likely to be dues to inflammation which could occur due to any primary cause such as bursitis, arthritis, tendonitis etc. It would be best to discuss the results and the possibilities in detail with your doctor.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thankyou for your time and response to my question, it is very much appreciated. There is a small tear there, plus a ganglia whatever that is. There is a 97% chance to that I may have a ankylosing spondylitis, could this be another reason why my shoulders are inflammed? Doctors are primarily saying it is due to chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia, but there are no tests for that, as what I am aware off, so I am a little confused with the tests, I have lumber spondylitis, bursitis in the hip. I do have low thyroid? could that be another reason why I am so inflammed as well?
I am 35 years old, I was once a very atheletic sporty person. What is a ganglia and is it normal to get one in the shoulder??

Thankyou again for your response and time.
Kind regards,
smilezzz
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.