Orthopedics Community

stress fracture of cuboid bone

I injured my foot Nov 2009 & despite having Xrays, USS, CT I was told it was nor fractured.
I got MRI results toay which has shown a fracture of cuboid with bone oedema. I have been given an urgent appt to see a consultant tomorrow. Is it likely I will need a cast, & will ther be more damage because I have hobbled around for over 4 months
Katie
Hello!

Sometimes an expert radiologist's opinions with scans are required for diagnosis of fractures of small tarsal and carpal bones. They can be missed out due to the location and it gets more difficult if it is a stress fracture.

Go for fresh scans and start therapy and try to take all instructions from the orthopedician. If he suggests a cast and conservative therapy try that out initially if you do not have any complications.

Take care!
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.