Orthopedics Community

what is the chance that I will need surgery from having a fractured fibula?

I broke my fibula 2 days ago surfing and was told that I have a minimally displaced distal fibula fracture. I was put in a plaster cast and was told not to put any weight on it as if I do I may need surgery. What are the chances of the fracture not healing correctly? or me needing surgery? and what else could cause me needing surgery? because I really want to avoid having surgery. Anything that will help with the healing? how long it will take me to get back to normal life? Any information on this type of fracture? I have been told that I need to be in a plaster cast for 2 weeks and a fiberglass for 4 weeks. I am experiencing pain on my ankle like pressure pain, is this just part of breaking your leg or is it the cast rubbing or something else?? How can I make myself comfortable at night to sleep?  please help with any information.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.