Osteoporosis Community
117 Members

Bone Density Scan T score -3.4

I am a 47 year old petite female, post-menopause (hysterectomy when I was 35). A recent bone density scan revealed a T score of -3.4 in lumbar spine, -2.5 in the hips. Dr called in a prescription for Fosamax (to take once a week for next two years) and he told me to begin taking it along with Caltrate + D immediately, perform weight bearing exercise (which I already do), and eat healthy (which I already do). The Dr. kinda left me hanging until my appointment on the 20th. I also have advanced degenerative disc disease, bulging disc in the lumbar spine (with spurs), spinal stenosis, and osteoarthritis. I had an anterior discectomy at C5-C6 (titanium plate fusion) 6 years ago. I exercise to deal with pain and try very hard to avoid medicine with harmful side effects. Any thoughts on Fosamax? Alternatives? Are there any exercises I shouldn't be doing? This is all new to me; any input or comments would be greatly appreciated. I am still a bit shocked over the -3.4 T score.
Look into Biodensity (exercise machine offered by some gyms, etc. which you use 1/week for about 15 minutes to stress bones to stimulate bone formation)
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches