Osteoporosis Community
117 Members

New drug

My doctor just prescribed Etelvia, a new drug for my severe osteoporosis. I would appreciate any info.
Well, it's a biphosphonate, just like all the other drugs used for osteoporosis.
Thanks for the information.
I wasn't too informative... There's a thread here called 'Alendronate sodium' from not that long ago, where it's explained how it works. Alendronic acid is also a biphosphonate. New or old, a biphosphonate's effect on the body is always the same.

It's gonna take someone's extraordinary brain effort (or stroke of luck) to find a substance that actually stimulates bone production. Until then we're stuck with all these 'new' biphosphonates.
Your response caused me to search more about Atelvia myself.  Other bisphosphonates were listed, and I have already tried some in the past. The pills resulted in serious stomach problems. I'll keep looking for something that I can tolerate.
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches