Osteoporosis in shoulders??

I've been experiencing alot of different pains lately due to withdrawal from Fentanyl & Oxycodone. I was told I have Osteoporosis, I have pain in my shoulder in the front and into my neck, sometimes going down my arm abit. I'm worried not knowing what pain is what.... any ideas or info would be greatly appreciated.
                                   Thank you....
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. The mentioned symptoms may or may not be related to osteoporosis/ associated complications. Possibilities that may need to be considered include postural causes, medication withdrawal side effect, osteoporosis, stress fractures, injuries to muscles/ ligaments/ tendons etc., degeneration, micronutrient deficiencies etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0
Thank you for your help/info. I'm without a Primary Dr at the moment, Insurance with the State of Oregon is extremely picky on what they will/will not cover. I will investigate this. Again, Thank you.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Osteoporosis Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches