Strontium - Has it worked for you to increase bone density

I've read a lot about strontium helping to increase bone mass but am unsure of its safety. I'm interested to hear both good and bad experiences to help me make up my mind.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
This is only available in Canada. My doctor could not write a prescription because it was not approved by the FDA. Strontium citrate is available here. Is that a good substitute?
Helpful - 0
Hi there!

Strontium ranelate is a very effective drug in the treatment of osteoporosis and promotes now bone formation and decreases bone resorption. Common side effects include nausea, diarrhea, headache, allergic reaction etc. It is not advised in patients with risk of thromboembolism and decreased renal function; and should only be taken under medical advice and prescription.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Osteoporosis Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches