what kind of pain?

I have where I cant walk very far my back hurts so bad I break out in a sweat.  I cant stand up very long with out the pain.  if I can sit down for a while it stops. and my legs and shoulders aches.  is this my osteoporosis.  I have bern diagnosed with it but the pain is getting worse.  what is the best medication to take?
Best Answer
Yes, pain management is a battle as well unfortunately. I assume you're dealing with a pain management doctor vs your PCP? There are a number of different options that don't have any addition additives like Ibuprofen or acetaminophen. Crazy new world out there due to both the DEA/FDA nuts and the drug seekers as well. Patients that just need help are caught in the crossfire.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I would like to know if my cold sweats and back pain or caused by what?I get nausea nearly every night,  Sunday night and Monday.  was the bar be que that ny young niece brought home.  my older niece got sick too.  we were up all night.  and slept all Monday. we got sandwiches and they got a meal but they did not get sick. I run fever with that also. the nausea.  please a note if you know.
Helpful - 0
Keep in mind that osteoporosis is normally painless. So the pain you're experiencing is likely related to some additional osteo-muscular issues or injuries. Your doctor should be able to narrow it down quickly so get him/her to check you out before you push things and cause yourself additional injuries. Mild OTC pain relievers like ibuprofen or Tylenol may help for now. Good luck and hope you get it resolved.
Helpful - 0
thanks I have been on hydrocodone but it is getting hard to get you have to go to the doctor every month to get a refill I have arthritus too.  that might be my back pains.  I cant take aspiriin and anything for it has aspirin in it. tylenol is the only thing.  but it does not work.the aspitin makes my stomach bleed.  thanks for the hep I appreciate it.  mandy876
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Osteoporosis Community

Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
Could it be something you ate? Lack of sleep? Here are 11 migraine triggers to look out for.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Here are 10 ways to stop headaches before they start.
Tips and moves to ease backaches