Ostomy Community
390 Members

willit be ok

hi im 50 and have resently come out of hospital after haveing my lower intestine repaird ready for refersal,i had a colostomy bag fitted 2 and a half years ago,after haveing a large absist removed from my intestines which was caused by diverticulitus decease,lucky to be hear realy thanks to the surgeon god bless him.almost a year after i had an ileostomy,which was a bit easier to handle,then i was going to have a refursal but due to the scar tissue of my lower intestine it had closed up and unfortunatly it was impossible for them to remove the bag,this is what the last opperation i had was for,to repair the intestine that was closed,thay were going to remove the piece of intestine that was closed due to the scar tissue but dicided on a new oppstion which was to split the intestine and open it up by stretchine it open which all went well,but unfortunatly by doing it that way thay punctured the part of intestine which gladly thay repeard without any problems phew!!!but now my stoma has prolapsed more than it was before and nearly reaches the bottom of my stoma bag,which is a bit uncomfortable but my stoma nurses asure me there is nothing to be alarmed about as long as my stoma is good in couler which thankfully it is,sorry to have gone on so long but i was wondering if anybody else has been through this same sort of situation and now that im on my last run of my refersal which i hope will be soon could anybody tell me if the ileostomy refersal went well please.thank you,russell
I had my ileostomy reversed in January 2005.  I had rectal cancer and had a temporary ileostomy during resection surgery.  The reversal was routing.  Afterward, I had very little bowel control for a couple of weeks, and had very frequent bowel movements (1-2 dozen per day) for almost a year.  I found a high fiber diet was helpful, and in time my system returned to normal.  I hope your reversal goes as well as mine did.  It is great to be rid of the bag.

Best of luck.
jd
if ur ileostomy will be hooked up to ur rectum and byassing all of the clon..u will have frequent loose stools..these often slow an diet is important..there is an adjustment period..but most return to life without difficulty
Learn which OTC medications can help relieve your digestive troubles.
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
Discover common causes of and remedies for heartburn.
This common yet mysterious bowel condition plagues millions of Americans
Don't get burned again. Banish nighttime heartburn with these quick tips
Get answers to your top questions about this pervasive digestive problem