Ovarian Cancer Community

58 with enlarged ovary - uturus removed at 39

It seems to me that at my age why not have them removed completely and not go through biopsies etc.  Evven if it found to only be a cyst that could still lead to addtional problems in the future for something that is every hard to dedect.  It was found accidentially by CT scam is 5 centimeters in size.  What is the udgency I should be pushing with the doctors, days, weeks, or months?
HI,
Any cyst at the age of 58 years needs to be looked at with suspicion. Although it could well be a simple cyst, the possibility of cancer needs to be excluded. Tumour markers need to be done. If there is a positive result then the matter becomes very urgent. Consult your Doctor. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.