Ovarian Cancer Community

Any info or experiences w an abdominal abcess after Lapriscopic hysterectomy?

Hi everyone...I recently had a total laparoscopic hysterectomy and could use advice. 2 days at home and had to return. A cat scan confirmed an abcess. I became in patient for 4days then sent home w an abdominal drain and bag. 2weeks nearly and  cut revealed should be able to remove abdominal catheter and bag this week. How serious is an abcess just above vaginal wall, what can cause it, and what kind of questions should I be asking my doc?

I am so sorry this happened to you. I did not have an abscess but a number of other problems after having a hysterectomy (which should have never been done).

I don't know much about abscesses but any abdominal infection can be serious. Hopefully, yours is under control and you are on the road to recovery. Did they remove the drain and bag yet?

Please keep us posted.
I am improving. Thank you for your comment.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.