Ovarian Cancer Community

Car-T for ovarian cancer?

Dear all,

My mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
We are chinese, and she is 56.
She has just finished the operation and will undergo a second chemotherapy in this week.

She did a Gene test, and no germline mutation found in blood, but BRCA1 been found in tumor tissue.
PDL1 negtive and MSI negtive.

Seems the probability for PD_1 working is low. So we will take Olaparib for first choice.
There are 2 or 3 medical trial here  about CAR-T for ovarian cancer, but there is no news by now as the short time.
Please anyone know some info. about the CAR-T, is it fit for solid tumor? Or it's just fit for B cell cancer?
Any news from USA? I'm searching if any Plan B for further treatment...
I'm sorry to hear about your mom's diagnosis!  She's so young.  Here is something that goes over CAR T from 2017. https://www.managedhealthcareexecutive.com/leukemia-and-lymphoma/ovarian-cancer-could-be-next-application-car-t-cell-therapy.  There has been further work done with using CAR T for ovarian cancer and more to be done.  It appears that it works for some but not for others, like all cancer drugs.  

This is also the latest and greatest for finding the best treatment for patients.  Circulating tumor DNA testing.  https://www.news-medical.net/news/20190506/Circulating-tumor-DNA-can-help-detect-treatment-options-forc2a0ovarian-cancer-subtype.aspx.  That could be beneficial for understanding the right direction to take.

When my mother in law had cancer, they followed a protocol. It's gotten more advanced in terms of testing to find which course is best rather than trying the same things on each person and moving to the next thing if it failed.  

Are you near a university hospital?  Sometimes that is the best option for being ready to go with things still in research.  

Specialmom, thanks for your help!
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.