Ovarian Cancer Community

Endometrial Cancer

Can a whole body PET Tumor imaging scan reveal staging or lymph node metastasis in a patient who has undergone Hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy without lymphadenectomy? Pathology revealed Stage I endometrium well differentiated enometroid-type adenocarcinoma (intrauterine) Grade 1, invasive halfway into myometrium, lymphovascular invasion identified with negative margins for carcinoma

This discussion is related to Right Abdominal pain and free fluid in cul-de-sac.
Scans cannot stage a cancer.  Biopsy is the only reliable method to stage a cancer.  Now, a scan could indicate a metastasis and need further testing to see what is actually going on.  On one of my scans something irregular appeared on my liver and scared everyone to death (me included) but it ended up being a fat deposit....so, scans can tell you more testing is required but not necessarily exactly what is going on.
Good luck to you.
Peace.
dian
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize