Ovarian Cancer Community

Help!

Hey everyone. I popped to my doctors today because I've been having spotting/discharge between periods which is really strange for me. Turns out upon me stating this and saying last period I had Brown discharge four days before period, I have now been referred for a pelvic scan because no other means of diagnosis have been effective as far as I can see. I'm a mess. So so scared because I have a three year old boy who is my absolute life. Please can someone offer me some comfort as I have felt so so off all day ; ( Am crying right now xx
IMenstrual irregularities are not all that uncommon and seldom an indication of anything serious. Brown discharge is just some old blood and nothing concerning. So chances are the scan will not turn up anything sinister. So try to remain calm.
Thank you so much for your reply. I think I've been referred because it keeps happening, am not even in pain and I guess they want to rule everything out. Thanks again ♥
They want to be thorough. I would not jump to ovarian cancer you have less than a 2% it is ovarian. Spotting is not usually a symptom. I know you are scared. Anyone would be. When is the scan?

Alex
I guess HVAC. I am a hypochondriac and have had these symptoms for a while, it's just the fact I'm being referred that scares me. Spotting is the only real symptom that I keep going to the doctors with, although my sticky out left rib I've only just noticed is now also concerning me! I am scared. But not as much as I was. Still waiting for the letter so I guess that's a positive.

xx
You are not a hypochondriac. Something is going on. I would still have a lot of hope. It could be many things that are not cancer. Sure you are scared that is normal. Hang in there I am here and I care.

Alex
Mmmm :( Thank you. I hope it's not :( Tomorrow's the big day!

kay
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize