Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.27k Members

Help!

Hey everyone. I popped to my doctors today because I've been having spotting/discharge between periods which is really strange for me. Turns out upon me stating this and saying last period I had Brown discharge four days before period, I have now been referred for a pelvic scan because no other means of diagnosis have been effective as far as I can see. I'm a mess. So so scared because I have a three year old boy who is my absolute life. Please can someone offer me some comfort as I have felt so so off all day ; ( Am crying right now xx
14 Responses
IMenstrual irregularities are not all that uncommon and seldom an indication of anything serious. Brown discharge is just some old blood and nothing concerning. So chances are the scan will not turn up anything sinister. So try to remain calm.
Thank you so much for your reply. I think I've been referred because it keeps happening, am not even in pain and I guess they want to rule everything out. Thanks again ♥
667078 tn?1316004535
They want to be thorough. I would not jump to ovarian cancer you have less than a 2% it is ovarian. Spotting is not usually a symptom. I know you are scared. Anyone would be. When is the scan?

Alex
I guess HVAC. I am a hypochondriac and have had these symptoms for a while, it's just the fact I'm being referred that scares me. Spotting is the only real symptom that I keep going to the doctors with, although my sticky out left rib I've only just noticed is now also concerning me! I am scared. But not as much as I was. Still waiting for the letter so I guess that's a positive.

xx
667078 tn?1316004535
You are not a hypochondriac. Something is going on. I would still have a lot of hope. It could be many things that are not cancer. Sure you are scared that is normal. Hang in there I am here and I care.

Alex
Mmmm :( Thank you. I hope it's not :( Tomorrow's the big day!

kay
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.