To truly DX ovarian cancer, a biopsy and pathology must be done on the cyst(s). They will probably get more information from these tests that you will have done today. Stats say that 85% of all cysts are benign, not cancerous. So try not to worry (Easier said than done). Take each step and then figure out what to do next. I wish you all the best.
I finished with the dr today and I have a 3cm complex cyst on my right ovary. She said she could take it if I wanted her too, but she is hoping it will go away on its own. If my fever gets higher or if I start bleeding then she will take it earlier. As of right now I am scheduled for another ultrasound on November 17th to see if it has absorbed. She said they don't think it is cancer, didn't really like the "think", see says they did see particles in the cyst. But the only way to make a dx is to take it out for biopsy. I will just try and wait it out.
I forgot to mention that I still have a fever and my abdomen feels and looks like I am about 8 months pregnant. It is so uncomfortable. I wonder if maybe it is more than a 3cm cyst we are talking about. The distension is almost unbearable. I also only have a bowel movement when I take a laxative this has been happening for a while though but GI doc didn't see the need to do a colonoscopy since my last one was only 1.5 years ago. Frustrated and in pain and uncomfortable. Any ideas would be appreciated.
I would say that if your symptoms become too painful or intolerable for you (which it sounds like they are fast becoming) you may want to have it removed instead of waiting. I am sorry that you have to be going through this. Waiting and not knowing is the worst. Sounds like your Doctor will work with you. I am hoping everything goes smoothly and that you will start feeling better soon.