Ovarian Cancer Forum

I've been diagnosed with HPV three times, but

I've been told on various test results after paps spread out between three months
to six months to one year .  Everybody says don't worry nor have they recommended
I look further.  I've been told I have a 7.5 cm cyst on my cervix or so around but
nobody is taking me seriously...the reason may be that the doctors I've seen were
only seen for specific reasons but not regularly as in my obgyn for years or of the
birth of my son you see..Two of my aunts died of ovarian cancer, and two of
breast cancer and ofcourse this information was shared with the obgyns who papped
me.  What is the protocol to save my life? if that is an issue or not.  Thank you.
Hi there,
Pap smear is a screening test for cancers of the vagina and cervix.

There is no screening test for ovarian cancer. For women who are high risk for the development of ovarian cancer based on personal history of cancer such as breast cancer or family history of ovarian and breast cancer, the only effective intervention is the prophylactic, surgical removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes.

it sounds like you need to see your OB GYN and go over all your reports . pap smears will not help understand an ovarian problem. HPV on a pap smear in the absence of other abnormalities such as dysplasia or precancer changes  is very common. HPV without signs of cancer or precancer is just followed with a repeat pap smear in 6 months to one year
best wishes
Thank you Dr. Goodman for your reply sounds to severe
taking your ovaries out and tubes why don't we have
a screening test, and more importantly I was told that
the pap test (was the test) to have to prescreen for
cancer of the ovaries or cervix aka ovarian cancer?
When does this test pap prove effective? what's the
point?  Thanks, and Happy New Year!
Hi There
a pap smear means the following:

a speculum is placed in the vagina
a cu-tip or some other kind of applicator (wood spatula, brush, etc) wipes the skin of the vagina or cervix
the cu-tip is spread on a glass slide or stirred into a prep solution vial
this is then analyzed under the microscope
all that you see is the area that is swabbed which is the vagina or cervix.

a pap smear is an amazing screening test for cervical cancer.
the cervix is the part of the uterus that sits at the top of the vagina and is easy to see, feel, and biopsy in the office

The leading reason fro cervical cancer in the United States is not getting a pap smear within 3 to 5 years

best wishes
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize