Ovarian Cancer Community

Just Diagnosed today with Ovarian Tumor

Hi- I have never posted to this site but have been reading every single word on it all weekend as I agonizingly waited for test results.  Gyno says I have an ovarian tumor about 10.5 cm and CA-125 over 500.  I had a CT scan last July becasue I had mild pain in my right upper ab; results showed nothing on right side but a small cyst on left ovary.  Follow up was a TV ultrasound last October- showed nothing on rt ovary, left cyst gone.  Last Monday my gyno said he felt nothing abnormal in my pelvic exam and was sure it was gastro - I have acid reflux and had an endo/colonosopy planned for the following day (no serious problems found there).  I am 49, had breast cancer (stage 1, no lymph gland spread, lumpectomy with radiation) 2 years ago and take Tamoxifen.  Periods had always been regular, but stopped month after starting Tamoxifen.  Oncologist says I am not yet in menopause.  I am scared to death this is ovarian cancer and could sure use some support.  Thanks!!
I know that you are scared, but let me remind you that 99% of ovarian tumors, cysts, masses are BENIGN.  Are you seeing a gyn/onc?  They are specialists in the female reproductive system and have seen everything.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Thanks, Gatsby.  Your thoughts and prayers mean a lot to me.  Yes, I am seeing a gyn/onco at MD Anderson here in Houston.  I am fortunate to live so close to one of the best cancer treatment centers in the world.  Let's hope it is benign- or caught early since there was nothing alarming on my Oct US.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize