Krukenberg tumor

My sister-in-law has been diagnosed with Krukenberg tumor from a signet ring adenocarcinoma( as per biopsy ) .She has undergone following treatment :
1) removal of uterous, ovary & omentum.
2) chemotherapy - Oxaliplatin & Capecitabine.
As even PET scan remained inconclusive(CK7,CK20 & inhibin are non-contributory, Mucin is positive), doctors are assuming the primary site to be rectum.My question is will she survive?  

This discussion is related to Ovarian cancer.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I think your best bet would be to talk to the doctors and ask directly - even to get a second opinion if you can.  Of course even doctors don't know exactly how folks will respond to treatment, and please remember that a chance of death is not the same thing as death!   If 99% of folks die that still means that one of them lived.   :-)  

The important thing is that she is getting excellent care and that she has family to support her during this time.  With all that going for her then I would just focus on supporting your brother and the family in any way that you can.  I'm sure it's a difficult time for everyone.  

Let us know how things are going -