Ovarian Cancer Community

Lower Back and Abdomenal Pain

Experiencing mild to severe pain for past three weeksm also accompanied by UTI.  Had hysterectomy 8 years ago and had gastric bypass 2 years ago.  Have just received the results of C T scan which revealed that do not have kidney stones but do have bilateral ovarian cysts.  Physician is going to monitor for next couple of months.  Are there any ways to determine if these could be cancerous?  I am about to undergo surgery for excess skin removal, now, I am not sure if I should proceed or wait until I receive information on this matter.
If they were concerned it was cancerous they would probably give you a blood test to check tumor markers.  I had an immature teratoma 3 years ago and was diagnosed through these.  I still have my blood tested every 3 months to check these, they include CA 125 (many other postings talk about this one), AFP, and B-HCG.  I am not sure exactly which one identifys what but maybe ask your doctor if these tests have been done.  Hope this helps you a bit.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize