Meaning of elevated Alpha-Fetoprotein levels
I have a long history of ovarian cysts that usually go away,but also a family history of cancer. They came across a larger than usual one on my left side and started to watch it, as of now it has continued to grow and they're now considering it complex. I have been experiencing extremely irregular bleeding and at times being consistent for a 30 days or so, lower back pain, random bouts of vomiting, bleeding after interconnected when not having usual bleeding, elevatrd WBC and lymphocytes etc. My question is they tested my Alpha-Fetoprotein levels and they are elevated, is this common with ovarian cysts or does this mean I need to be concerned with cancer? Any and all information would be appreciated.
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.