Ovarian Cancer Community

Meaning of elevated Alpha-Fetoprotein levels

I have a long history of ovarian cysts that usually go away,but also a family history of cancer. They came across a larger than usual one on my left side and started to watch it, as of now it has continued to grow and they're now considering it complex. I have been experiencing extremely irregular bleeding and at times being consistent for a 30 days or so, lower back pain, random bouts of vomiting, bleeding after interconnected when not having usual bleeding, elevatrd WBC and lymphocytes etc. My question is they tested my Alpha-Fetoprotein levels and they are elevated, is this common with ovarian cysts or does this mean I need to be concerned with cancer? Any and all information would be appreciated.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize