Ovarian Cancer Community

Milk

Hi ,I just read in my magazine, by drinking one glass of milk a day it can slash your risk by 40%,how about women who all ready had it?
Hi there,The magazine was Redbook and the study was or research was at the University of Hawaii.I think it mit be the calcium.I'm just happy to see some kind of writing about ovarian cancer!Thanks,Mary P.S. Have a happy hoilday.
You know, I think I read about that, too, though the article I read said something about calcium being beneficial in reducing your risk of colon cancer.  I believe my article was based more on calcium intake and not on milk specifically.  It was stating the good that is derived from ingesting an adequate supply of calcium either through food, milk or supplements, and stated that it had been shown to lower your risk of colon cancer, kidney stones, and a few others.  Definitely caught my attention.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize