Ovarian Cancer Community

Not sure

Hi..

For almost two years now I've been having continous lower back pain and what I am used to calling "butt" pain, which I am guessing is pelvic pain?  It is so bad that I am constantly taking pain meds. When it gest bad, it gets so bad that my thighs, legs, arms and my entire body hurts. I am always constipated, recently - about 4 months ago it has become severe along with constantly feeling bloating and distension (Look and feel like I am 6 months pregnant) and tenderness in my abdominal area. I have had many different studies done through my pcp and different specialists(Rheumatology, GI, Neurolgoy/Pain). Recently I finally saw an OB/GYN for the first time in my life (34 yrs - was not sexually active until three years ago).  She suspected endometriosis and requested a pelvic ultrasound with transvaginal. Pap with HPV came normal. Yesterday she called and told me I have a small (2 cm) cyst in my right ovary and wants to repeat test in a month to monitor size.

I really feel with my symptoms and my general feel of not being a healthy individual that I could have something as serious as ovarian cancer. I am not losing weight. In fact, I've gained quite a bit lately although I don't eat that much (due to having RNY surgery in 2004). Please help..am I on the right track? and what do I need to ask my dr. to do? I am feeling so horrible.

Thanks,

Mehaira
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.