Ovarian Cancer Community

Ovarian Cancer Surgery Complications

I was diagnosed with stage 3 endometrioid ovarian cancer after total abdominal hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy, bilateral pelvic and para-aortic lymphadenectomy, omentectomy.  I had one cycle of intraperitoneal chemotherapy which resulted in peritonitis and polymicrobial septicemia.  I received 6 weeks of IV antibiotics and removal of the port.  I finished the chemotherapy with IV taxol and carboplatin.  Sometime during all of this I started having deep leg pains and was recently diagnosed with polyradiculopathy.  I am scheduled for a spinal tap.  My question is could the leg problem be related to the surgery, cancer itself or the infection?
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.