Ovarian Cancer Community

Ovarian Cyst?

I was wondering if I recently might have had a ovarian cyst. I am only 16, but I've heard that even 11 year old can get them. the reason I'm wondering is because I wonder if I should be concerned or not... here are the symptoms:
- sharp abdominal pain (It would dull for 5 min. then strike back up) (and on a pain scale of 1-10, I'd say a 8-10)
-Weakness
-urge to urinate, but no urination occurs.
-Nausea.
-Fever (slight, about 98*-99*)
-The pain went away, then 30-60 min later, my period started.
-Irregular period, mine can average every 2-3 weeks, rather than the common 27 or so days. I never really know when I'll start it, because it might start early or late. It is also heavy some months, others it light.  

PS: I looked up the Ovarian Cysts, on MayoClinic.com, and it had almost everything that I had experienced.
Have you ever seen a gyncologist?  I would definetly get this checked out.  Can you speak to a parent or an adult about this?  And please just because you are young, don't let a physican boo hoo you away because they believe you are too young for certain cancers or conditions (not saying that you have cancer), but I believe that in today's times many physicians do this and don't thoroughly look and do the proper testing.

Best of luck to you.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize