Ovarian Cancer Community

Ovarian Cyst

I'm 50 years old and I've had my uterus and cervix removed due to pre-cancer cells on my cervix. I was 32 at the time and my ovaries were ok so they didn't remove them. A week ago I went for my annual check up and I have a 6cm complex multi septated cyst on my left ovary and a 2cm cyst on my right ovary. I've had pain and bloating all the symptoms for 6 months but I have thyroid issues so I didn't know if it was one or the other. I was referred to another doctor and he didn't seem concerned and said it was probably a dermoid cyst My CA125 was a 6 and he said it was just a watch and wait. I've had cyst before but they were just fluid and I didn't have all the other symptoms. I have a strong history of cancer in my family. My mother and her sister had breast cancer. My mom had a CA125 and it was 3 and she had stage 2 breast cancer. Her brother died from colon cancer. I've decided to get a second opinion but I have people keep telling me that the doctor is good and he wouldn't put at risk and I should just wait. Am I being paranoid?
Unless you have the BRCA gene you have a 1.4% chance of Ovarian Cancer in a lifetime. It is really unusual to have cancer in both ovaries. It does happen but it is rare. 98% of ovarian cysts are benign. A benign cyst can cause symptoms the same as a cancerous one. Have you been BRCA tested? That might ease your mind.

Alex

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.