Ovarian cyst and constant weird bleeding/ discharge?

Hello everyone. I’ve been having weird discharge for months now. It started as watery and mucous and then red, black and brown - very gross! I have this daily now - mainly browny colour. I had a transvaginal u/s and was told I have a 4.5 cm ovarian cyst which is what will be causing the bleeding? Does anyone know if this sounds normal? I have lower back pain and abdominal pain (worse after sleeping), hip pain on the cyst side and bloating through the day and I  keep getting diarrhoea from nowhere now! Any reassurance that this normal with a cyst would be fab? Thanks in advance, Kate x
Yes, it's possible that all those symptoms are from the cyst. Is it a simple cyst that they're just going to recheck in 6 weeks or so?
Hi, thanks for your response. Yes apparently the doctor says it should go by itself. I have a rescan in 4 weeks time. I was just unsure as why it would cause me to bleed etc.
Cysts can affect hormones which is why they can cause irregular bleeding.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.