Ovarian Cancer Community

Pain in left leg, groin, hip, lower left back..

I have had shooting pains in my groin.  It woke me up last night at 5am.  The pain also goes down my left leg and is now in my lower left back.  When I don't have shooting pains in my groin, there is a dull ache.  Went to the DR. today and she thinks I may have kidney stones.  Could this be ovarian cyst?  The pains increase during ovulation and during my period.  I have had them for the last several months and my periods have been irregular. I have no constipation.  Has anyone had these symptoms?
The doc wants me to get a CT scan and I'm waiting for them to call me to schedule the apt.  Motrin in the meantime.  Thanks for your comments
Yes I have the same problem. I have pain In my groin left leg back and abdomin.This pain also followed my period. yes it can be a cyst ask your doc for an ultrasound to. I have endometreosis and adenomyosis I also had cysts as well. Make sure you doc is familar with gyno problems. Many are just good for birth and paps smears.
YES, YES, YES a cyst can do this. As the cyst grows it puts pressure on the nerves in the low back and such thus causing them to shoot pains everywhere.

I am going thru the same thing, a CT scan confirmed a cyst. Though its smaller than most, it still causes the same problems.

A CT will let you know for sure. Good luck and keep me posted.

:)
I had posted this last week sometime, but on the doctor question portion of this forum a patient asked the doctor if cysts could cause back pain.  This doctor flat-out said she very much doubted it and to seek medical treatment for a slipped disc or back problems.  This doctor is not doing ANYONE ANY favors with a response like that.  Apparently she has never experienced our situations.  I replied to the doctor to read all of these posts for which about 90% have back/leg/groin pain.  I have never gotten a response back.  Great, huh?
Thank you so much for your responses.  The Dr. also told me that I could have a slipped disc or kidney stones.  My CT is now scheduled for Friday and I just can't wait because I am just miserable.  Trying to keep up with the kids, make dinner, help with homework, etc., etc., is all killing me.  I will let you know my results when I get them.  Thanks so much for the support! God Bless.
Yeah, I got the kidney stone thing too.  All's I can say is be your own advocate, get the written report from all of your tests b/c the doctors don't tell you everything that's on them.  My Dr. said I had a small cyst and a little fibroid.  Got the report and although it was about what he said, it mentioned the adenomyosis, lyoemoa (or whatever it is) - fibroid and cyst.  It's just all there for your to read and research yourself.  That is what we need to do - be our own doctors.  Good luck - I really feel your pain (get some pain meds - I'm taking vicoprofen and it does take the edge off; sometimes it takes the pain away for a couple hours).  Take good care. Lilly
I had a large lump in my stomach that I thought was JUST a hernia.  I am a small woman and I lift alot of heavy stuff.  I got a pain in my lower left back area that was so bad I was crying in church one day.  That is what got me to go to the Dr. where after a whirlwind of tests over a 3 day period I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  My ovaries were 11 cm and 14 cm.  I am 50 and post menopausal and they should have been around 2 centimeters. Run to your nearest female Dr and get checked ASAP.  They don't call ovarian cancer the diesease that whispers for nothing. I like my oncologist but I am learning that female doctors take us more seriously.  Male doctors just don't get it sometimes.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize