Ovarian Cancer Community

Side affects of a removed ovary?

Hi All. I'm having my 'massive- mass' removed tomorrow and I'm curious to learn what side effects I'll experience as the result of only having 1 functioning ovary. I should have posed this question to my Dr. but failed to do so last week.
Thanks for any guidance, suggestions, advice.
God Bless
I am 49, had an ovary removed in my late teens.  I didn't have any major affects from the removal of my ovary at that time, and it functioned fine.  Cycles took a little while to resume normally, but I had three children with the one ovary, no problem.
Fifteen years ago I had a tubal and subsequently started having "issues"...
I suppose your age could have some bearing on it...
Best of luck to you....

Oh yes AJ, I had a tubal pregnancy at age 24 and now im 46. I have had 4 children since then and two miscarriages. I had normal periods and no apparent hormonal problems...Maybe this cyst is from that tubal. But up til now I didnt have any problems..
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.