Ovarian Cancer Community

Test Results - What do they mean?

I had a CT scan last month with these results:  

There are multiple incompletely characterized low density liver lesions throughout the
left and right hepatic lobes with the largest measuring 1 cm; within the lateral segment.
At least 7 of these lesions identified with similar attenuation.

No enhancing liver lesions demonstrated.

There is no biliary ductal dilatation. Hepatic veins and portal venous branches are
patent.
The uterus has a globular appearance and is anteverted. There is thickening of the
endometrium which measures at least 2.4 cm in diameter and which was also identified
on previous ultrasound.

There is a complex left ovarian/adnexal cyst measuring approximately 3.8 x 2.8 cm.
There is no enlargement of the abdominal or pelvic lymph nodes. The abdominal aorta
and IVC have normal caliber. Osseous structures are normal.

IMPRESSION:

Thickened endometrium. In the presence of vaginal bleeding, would recommend clinical
logical assessment.

Left ovarian cyst.

Multiple low attenuating liver lesions which are incompletely characterized. In the
absence of known malignancy these statistically likely correspond to simple cysts.

Left ovarian complex cyst which could be followed ultrasonographically.

This was followed up by U/S this week with these results:

The uterus measures 11.2 x 6.7 x 7.2 cm and has normal echotexture. No fibroid is
identified. The endometrial stripe remains thickened measuring 1.7 cm. Again seen is a
probable echogenic mass within the endometrium measuring 1.1 x 1.3 x 1.4 cm with a
possible feeding vessel.

The ovaries are normal size and appearance. The right ovary measures 2.7 x 2.8 x 2.9
cm. The left ovary measures 5.0 x 2.7 x 4.1 cm and contains normal follicles.

No free fluid is seen in the cul de sac.

IMPRESSION: Persistent thickened endometrium likely secondary to an endometrial
polyp. Further evaluation with sonohysterogram or endometrial biopsy recommended.

Here's my question... Where did the cyst shown on the CT scan go?  According to the U/S it is no longer there?  I have the appointment next week with the surgeon, at which time he and my CRNP/Gynecologist will explain the U/S findings.

Shouldn't I be following up regarding the liver lesions?  Per the most recent Dr. visit, CRNP seemed unconcerned with that and really only focused on the thickened endometrium.  Although I had a polyp removed and an ablation done in February, one of the reports mention a potential polyp again.  Did the surgeon miss it or is this likely another one?  Trying not be worried unnecessarily but I can't deny I'm stressed.  Help me understand please?
I admit I know little about endometriosis. Ovarian cancer is not likely. It says the liver lesions are benign, not cancerous. Nothing on your tests sound like cancer. I have had lesions on my kidneys for years and they are benign. CT scans see things doctors did not normally see. All of it is not bad. I have all kinds of benign stuff on my CT. Having a doctor explain this will help. Polys are not necessarily cancer. I had 5 on my colonoscopy and none were cancer. It is normal to be stressed.
Alex
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.