Ultrasound results
I went for my annual well visit and mentioned some of the pelvic pain I had on and off and during sex so my md sent me for an ultrasound. The results cane back in my electronic chart Thursday night but I haven't heard from the doctor yet. Of course Google has me freaked out. Posting my report in hopes someone can help explain what they mean. I'm 34 with 4 young children.                

FINDINGS:

UTERUS: 11.86 cm x 5.43 cm x 6.20 cm

Endometrium Thickness: 11 mm.

The uterus appears normal in size, shape, and echogenicity.

RIGHT OVARY: 5.0 x 4.0 x 4.0 cm

The right ovary appears normal in size, shape, and echogenicity. Complex hypoechoic nodule with a lacelike appearance measuring 4.6 x 3.4 x 3.6 cm.

LEFT OVARY: 3.5 x 2.4 x 2.8 cm.

The left ovary appears normal in size, shape, and echogenicity. No significant masses are identified. Hyperechoic possibly solid nodule measuring 1.1 x 1.0 x 1.1 cm

CUL-DE-SAC: Small amount of free fluid..

OTHER: Negative.

=====

CONCLUSION:

1. The right ovary contains a complex 4.6 cm nodule, differential would include complex or hemorrhagic cyst or endometrioma. There is also a complex possibly solid nodule within the left ovary measuring up to 1.1 cm. Followup is necessary for these
findings to exclude underlying process.