Ovarian Cancer Community

Update on Becky

Got this note on FaceBook and was asked to pass it along. Please pray for her. This bowel thing isn't letting go.

Hi Irene,
I'm pretty sure I remember seeing you on Becky's Medhelp??
I don't have any of her passwords or I'd write on there but, she is in the hospital with a bowel obstruction...went in Thursday night and as of today, Monday - still not much relief at all. She is in a lot of pain. Not eating or drinking. I just know she'd want all you ladies updated so, maybe if you could mention something? Keep her in prayers. i know you are all really special to her.

Thanks!
Ashley
Oh my goodness Becky I have been wondering how you have been going and was hoping that things were going better than this. I am so sorry that you are back in hospital and I am hoping that they can relieve your pain very soon.

I am sending you every positive thought that I can muster.

Jenny
Becky - I hope that there has been some relief for the pain.  Know that I am sending you lots of love.

You, Ty, Adam and your entire family are in my thoughts.  

Love,
Pam
Becky, say strong.  I hope and pray they can help you get past this.  

Hugs, Trudie
I am right in this with you.  Our cancers are similar in some ways and I know many of the pains and fears.  You, however, are a million times stronger than I am.  I hope and pray that strength gets you past this setback. May your pain be eased and the problem resolved fast. Love, Marie
Becky,

I'm so sorry to hear about this.  Thoughts and prayers to you for relief from this.

Karen
Hi Becky.... I know this is difficult....but God is not far but very near to You.... I pray That God sends a supernatural healing Power touch in your whole body!!!! In Jesus name amen!!! it is done!!
Praying for your pain to be controlled and for your release from the hospital.
You can get through this...you are so STRONG and amazing!!!  Prayers and hugs for you and your family!!

Heidi
My dear Becky, know that you are in my thoughts  and I am praying daily for you, Life seems to kick us in the teeth every so often, but with your courage and tenancity you can kick back,  As always,  know that I send my love to you , Adam and TY,  Marty
Sweet Becky....mother of Ty.....you have fought so hard for so long....you and Ty are quite the team and now you have Adam to stand with you.  You have set such a strong and loving example for Ty to follow.  You are quite the mom !
I know you know you are surrounded and lifted by love from so many of us out here..you are not alone....not ever.  Besides Ty and Adam and your parents and extended family you are constantly on someone's mind and in our hearts.  We love you Becky.....I have since I got to know you in 2005........your little boy has grown up so much !  You have been a real gift to me ......thank you for sharing yourself with us..you will always be in my heart.
Peace.
dian
Thank you so much for the heads up.....I just wrote what I feel sincerely....but I need to admit I am heart broken and in tears for Becky and Ty and Adam and her family.....she owns a chunk of my heart and I wish desperately I could do something.  If you are able, Ashley, please give her my love for her and Ty......she is one of the most remarkable people in my life.
Peace be with you, Becky, and Ashley.
dian
what an inspiration to all of us. we all love you so much.

jun
COMMUNITY LEADER
Not sure what to say that hasn't already been said.  We know you are strong, but even the strongest have moments when they can't be.  Even though we can't be there in person, we're all holding you up and giving you strength right along with your family and friends in Canada.  This has been such a long road for you, and now you must rest and focus on healing.  I'm sending you love and prayers, and hoping things get better, and that pain relief will come quickly.  

Love,
Gail
Checking in to see if any relief has come.  Still hoping and praying the pain goes away.  Marie
Becky,

I am not sure if you are up to reading these messages, but I am really sad to hear you are in pain and are back in the hospital.    You and Ty are in my thoughts and prayers.  It just isn't fair!!!  

Hugs and Prayers,

Shelly  
I sent a short note to Ashley to ask about Becky. Somehow she graciously took the time to give us an update. Thank you Ashley!

Well, I'm very happy to say that she is feeling better - she's had some 'relief' and she has tube in through her nose to her stomach pumping out fluids which has helped out. She was certainly worrying me but, when I saw her last night...she was more chatty and more herself.
Hopefully things keep getting better.
Thanks for checking in!!!
Ashley
What a wonderful news to hear first thing in the morning.  Thank you for sharing.

Peace and Love

jun
That is wonderful news!!! :)  I am praying she is out of pain and able to go home soon!
I just saw this thread and am glad I got the update too. Please let Becky know that she is in my thoughts and in my heart and prayers. She has so many of us praying for her and she is strong,so will pray that she is out of there soon and home recuperating as best she can. Much love, Colleen
I am glad that they have been able to help some. I will be much happier when I hear she is feeling great.
I am so happy that they have been able to help you Becky and you are starting to get some relief.

Hopefully you will be able to go home soon.

Jenny
Becky,

This is exciting news!  Maybe now you can get some relief and get home back to your son.  We are praying really hard for you.  Love Lisa
Irene - thanks for the update.

Becky - you will continue to be in my thoughts....

Love,
Pam
Becky wrote a full report  on caring bridge, she has really been going through a rough time,  once again she has been pulled back from the brink,  keep up the prayers for her and send her your love, knowing that she is receiving this from us will help her moral  and  give her the will to keep on fighting.  Hang in there Becky, we are all pulling for you.  Marty
2
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.