Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.27k Members

Waiting for Christmas and other things

I posted a number of weeks back about having OVCA symptoms.  Since then, The TVU shows really small ovaries and CA-125 is very low.  My doctor is not buying that.  He gave me Librax in an attempt to calm lower abdomen pain.  He has shown a great deal of respect for my perception in this and feels that this could be early stage OVCA.  After I use the Librax for a few weeks, he will do a CAT scan if the symptoms are still present.

Bartholin's gland cancer has now come into the mix.  I had a lump in the right one in August and simply thought it would "come to a head" like a sebaceous cyst.  Had out-pt surgery Thurs on it.  No cyst, no abscess.  The doctor marsupialized it (slit) for relief.  Gland was not full.  She decided to do biopsies on the spot.  Because, cancer can masquerade as a cycst or abscess and neither were present..  So, check your little Bartholin glands when you do you monthly breast exam and report any lump immediately!  Will receive the results of the biopsies on Dec 31.

I am 59 and no one told me about this one!  The risk factors, of course, increase with age.  Has anyone else dealth with this.  Everything lines up for us breasts, ovaries and Bartholin's Glands.  It's like a runway.

Have a Merry Christmas and the beginning of another year.

1 Responses
41502 tn?1223520653
I have had several mammograms since ovca, plus one biopsy, not familiar with bartholin glands. will look it up. thanks
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.