Ovarian Cancer Forum

When is ovarian cancer considered terminal?

Elizabeth Edwards states that her cancer is terminal. When do you know that your cancer is terminal - or not? Does a doctor make that determination?

My DIL has Stage 4 OVCA diagnosed May 14, 2009. She had a liver resection (no cancer there, praise God). She's had everything removed - ovaries, oomentum, F tubes, cervix, uterus, part of intestine, a mass from her diaphragm. The next surgery was a pleurectomy and the thoracic sugery also removed malignant lymph nodes from her lungs.

How would you rate/grade, whatever, my DIL based on what I have told you?
HI There

from wiki-answers:

"Terminal cancer is a type of cancer when you have a limited amount of time before you pass away. Terminal means the end. "

I think this word has alot of meaning and triggers tremendous emotional responses
when used. It can be used poetically, existentially, scientifically.

When this word is used, a person feels hopeless and alone

anyway, I personally think we are all alive until the day we die. Until that moment, live as vibrantly as you can.

Here is a great poem::

Remember

Wayne Muller

Remember who you are
Remember what you love
Remember what is sacred
Remember what is true
Remember that you will die and that today is a gift
Remember how you wish to live

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.