Will letrozole keep granulosa cell tumor away?

Diagnosed granulosa cell tumor 2012.  All cancer was removed.  Cancer recurred in 2019.  Had the cancer removed. Did 5 rounds of chemo taxol and carbo.  Put on anastrozole.  Gave me symptoms.  I am now on letrozole.  Also experiencing symptoms.  Will letrozole keep this cancer away.  Is there a smaller does than 2.5 of letrozole that I can take.  
Hello and welcome to the forum. Thanks for your question and we apologize for delay in response!  We are glad you are on to maintenance therapy for your previous cancer!  Typically, letrozole does have a favorable side effect profile in relation to toxicity. This doesn't mean it is side effect free, however.  The trade off is that it does appear affective in terms of prolonging recurrence.  As ovarian cancer has such a high recurrence rate, you and your doctor will need to do a risk to benefit analysis regarding what you are experiencing and the desired effect of maintaining your remission.  This study talks about the efficacy of using letrozole (femara) in this way.   https://www.onclive.com/view/letrozole-maintenance-therapy-improves-rfs-in-ovarian-cancer-  2.5 mg is the typical dose used in studies.  What side effects are you experiencing?  And what does your prescribing physician/oncologist say?
I have body aches, joint and muscle pain and trigger finger.  I am 55 years of age and already have osteoporosis.  I know that letrozole can also cause osteoporosis.  My doctor has decided I only take letrozole every other day because of my side effects and osteoporosis.  I hope this amount will still keep the cancer away.  Any suggestions on someone taking it every other day.

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.