Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

a friend in need

my friendis 16 and she was told that she has ovarin cancer what can i do to help her through this tough situation ? her family is also not the most welthyest people in the world and im am scared 4 her but i want to be her floting device when she starts to sink
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
155056 tn?1333638688
There is a form of ovarian cancer that is diagnosed in teens, and the prognosis is usually very good.  The chemo is not taxol/carbo, not sure what it is, but, it is a tough chemo regime, usually requires a hospital stay.  There was a man that used to post, Bob, his daughter was diagnosed while she was in high school.  She's doing great, don't remember his "forum" name, but, his name was Bob and his daughter is Ashley, if you search you might be able to find some of their posts.
Helpful - 0
Be a friend talk about non cancer thongs. Go to the movies, have lunch or just go shopping for comfortable clothes with buttons and loose shorts.  You can go with the person to chemo and sit and watch tv read magazines play cards and other things. Chemo areas usually have seating for 1-2 people. Give her an iTunes if she likes music of het her songs with encouraging and upbeat music. She should get second opinion.  Surgery is likely and she will be sore and uncomfortable and should move around so she won't get blood clots. Call and say you just want to say hello.
Helpful - 0
136849 tn?1327321510
Has it actually been a confirmed diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer?  She is so young.  Not saying naturally that this doesn't happen.  I guess it just isn't fair.  Just being her friend, listening, talking, helping her during whatever she may have to go through (surgery, recovery, chemo, etc).  There are alot of people on this forum that can provide you help and assistance.

Good Luck.
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.