Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.29k Members

complex ovarian cyst, constant bloating & peeing

Am menopausal 57 yr old, have had complex ovarian cyst since 2008..... menopause started in 2010...
ever since menopause, have had constant - always there lower abdominal bloating, constant peeing - doesnt' empty completely and sometimes need to go 2-3 times in 5-10 min period, have lots indigestion that antacids don't seem to help, and 6 weeks ago, lower back pain....(but am thinking lower back pain due to healthclub possibly)  

had vaginal ultrasound in 2008, 2012, 2013
in 2012, left hypoechoic lesion measured 2.6 x 2.0 x 1.6cm
in 2013, left hypoechoic lesion measured 2.5 x 2.4 x 1.8cm  
I am worried, Ob/gyn says watch and wait and that size #'s staying the same...but
the 2013 #'s look slightly larger to me - or is is increase in size insignificant.

Also, in 2012, had bleeding, endometrial biopsy showed nothing.

(in 2008, left breast bleeding with lump, discovered dcis, treated with lump. & rad.,
as such, constant bloating, and diagnosis of complex cyst  cause me to be  nervous)

Is more testing warranted -  or -  are these #'s normal for menopausal women having complex
cyst that won't go away and causing discomfort?
1 Responses
155056 tn?1333638688
How about a 2nd opinion?  

I have no idea if it is something to worry about or not, but, if you are not getting answers you are comfortable with, then it's a good idea to check with someone else.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child