Ovarian Cancer Community

complex ovarian mass growing over a 20 month period

I went to the hospital a couple of days ago for what I thought was kidney stones or a kidney infection, instead I found out a complex cyst on my fallopian tube has grown and is now also "intimately associated" with my ovary. They did a CT and a transvaginal ultrasound. The results are CT, 5.1 adnexal mass that has more than doubled in size over 20 months.
The ultrasound shows no torsion or pregnancy. The complex mass has more than doubled in size, free fluid around or by the right ovary, with  transgenic debris. A small amount of fluid in the left abdomen and something about fluid in the cul-de-sac.  It says that cystanoma or cystanomacarcinoma should be considered but endometria could be a possibility..
I'm not reading it right this second so I'm trying to summarize. The cystanoma, cystanomacarcinoma, and endometria are listed just like that.
I have had sudden weight gain, then sudden quick weight loss, my abdomen has been swollen and I figured it was menopause. I've had bowel changes, lethargy, appetite loss, spotting, and now bladder and pain/pressure issues. I have other health problems that I thought were causing these issues. I know most of these things are not cancerous but I am a little bit worried.
They told me 20 months ago it was just a complex cyst and would resolve on its own. I don't trust the medical community here simply because they don't give a crap. I also don't have insurance until September. I just need some advice.
A woman only has a 1.4% of Ovarian Cancer in her life time. Some benign cysts can be very big and cause symptoms. Since you really can't do anything now. When you get insurance I would see a gyn and take it from there. It is not unusual to be told a cyst will resolve on its own many do. Surgery is probably the only way to tell if it is benign or malignant. They can't look inside you. CT and ultrasounds are limited.

Alex
Yes I understand and as I said in my previous post I realize most of these are benign.
Still not feeling well and the fear of torsion, stinks. It is a little scary and yes  cysts do often resolve themself. I had reported issues I'd been having to my doctor for a while. Including the bowel issues, yet she just blamed them on going through menopause.
I find it amazing that in this country there are no programs in quite a few states for people who make a certain amount.
Surgery is your best option. No one will know what it is until they get it out. Yes I believe healthcare should be for everyone. Even if you had surgery now and it was cancer they would not treat it with out insurance. Some of my treatments have been $100,000 a week. They do not have to treat cancer if you have no insurance.

I was sick for 4 years before they diagnosed my cancer. I bled for two years straight, I threw up for another two. I threw up all the time. The ER sent home with no tests. I saw all these specialists. I had killer diaphragm spasms every few days. I was losing weight like crazy. My bowel was completely blocked, the reason I threw up it had no where to go but back up.

Alex
Just found out there is OVCA in my immediate family. Also the fact two of my immediate family members suffered from rare forms of cancer also puts me at higher risk.
BTW BRCA testing isn't always covered by insurance and even though the OVA1 is more accurate it isn't used as often as the CA125 which tests for the epithelial cells of the most common type of cancer.
Though I won't know if my growth is benign or malignant until my surgery, I am having an issue with ascites in my abdomen. Not fun and terribly uncomfortable. There was free fluid on both sides before. This mass started on my fallopian tube almost two years ago and now encompasses my ovary.
My GFR IS now 83 which is stage 2 renal failure with other levels verifying. I've lost a ton of weight except for the fluid and now look five month pregnant.
The waiting and wondering stinks. The what ifs are horrible. I just want this to be over. I'm lucky in the fact I have family in medicine and their knowledge has been extremely helpful. It will be awesome if it is benign and gone. We'll deal with whatever comes if not.
To afraid but resolute

Now ovarian cancer is considered a chronic cancer. Women are living longer with it. The first treatment is no fun but subsequent chemos are not so bad. Most things written about ovarian cancer are out of date. They have changed a lot even since I was diagnosed. With me they were sure it was cancer by the ultrasound. I was in surgery in less than a week. They tested my ovaries during surgery and staged me right then. I was a stage 4 but I am here 3 years later and people marvel at how healthy I am. I swim an hour every day, walk my dogs, and ride horses.

Alex
Had my first appoint last week and pre-op today. She said she won't know what it is until she gets in there. Planning on removing mass, right ovary, uterus, and more than likely the left ovary. With my history of endometriosis we don't want to have to worry about this again. Surgery is in 12 days.
Good luck with the surgery.

Alex
Hi, your surgery should have been today, I hope it went well.  When you get a chance please post an update. I was diagnosed ( thru vag sonogram) with a 16mm mass on my ovary. I was told 2 years ago that I had a cyst on that ovary and it would absorb into my body. Didn't happen. I have a family member that had ovarian cancer so I am freaking out. I have to wait for a week to get a mri. Then I'll know more. I wish they would just schedule a surgery to remove and biopsy it.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize