Ovarian Cancer Community

complex vs simple vs solid cysts

Can someone explain the differences between simple, complex and solid cysts or tumors.  Also, what it means to have depris or not.  Thank you
debris that is.
Welcome.  A simple cyst is a fluid filled cyst.  Complex can be fluid and solid.  An example of this is a dermoid which has fluid and solids (hair, teeth, bone, etc.)  Also, it is good to remember that 99% of ovarian cysts are benign.  Hope this helps.  If you have any other questions, please ask!!
~Tascha
Debris is often indicative of a hemorrhagic cyst.   Hemorrhagic cysts are most often normal (functional follicular) cysts that fail to resolve completely and linger on the ovary, bleeding internally into the cyst (which contributes to the debris) or bleeding externally into the abdomen, causing pain and  sometimes mild bloating.  Fortunately, hemorrhagic cyst do tend to resolve on their own, but it might take some time for this to happen.
Any ballpark timeline on the resolution of a hemorrhagic cyst?  Ovaries are not my 'specialty', but I'm afraid they will be soon.  So - haven't done enough research to know about hemorrhagic cysts and whether or not the occur in post-menopausal women -- for instance.
The only experience that I can quote is that of  a family member who had one, and was told to come back in three months for a follow-up ultrasound.  That cyst had resolved, but she then developed another cyst that did not resolve, or perhaps there were several cysts...anyway, she eventually had surgery to remove an ovary, cyst (or cysts), and fallopian tube, as well as to remove as much of the endometriosis as could be removed.   Then, finally cured of her problems, she and her husband were able to conceive a child.
About the debris thing....At first u/s, the gyn told me that I had debris in my cyst along with a septation and fluid on left adnexal region.....He said probably a hemorrhagic cyst...Well, at 6wk f/u, it showed that the cyst grew, it had a thicker septum (2 1/2- 3mm), 2 more smaller cysts, and fluid around right ovary....So now he thinks it's endometrioma or teratoma....Just wanted to offer this info because it seems that these things can morph into something else or even appear to be something that they are not. (unless my gyn is just guessing on the diagnosis all the time...who knows)
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize