Ovarian Cancer Community

dermoid cysts inside ovary.

I had my right ovary removed in Feburary2005, due to a dermoid cyst inside the ovary.  Its now 8 months later and I have a growth inside my left ovary and there not sure what it is and my ovary is 3cm larger than what it should be.I am so scared and I would like to know if anyone is going through the same thing.  I live in the north in Canada so it takes time for testings up here, I was woundering if eating certian foods will help me.  I have problems making a bowel movement and very bloated stomach and pressure in upper abdomen along with nausea.
Can anyone give any information or advice on this.  Thank you Ang
I haven't heard from anyone yet, mabie I didn't put enough information down.  When I had my surgery done it was open surgery, the dermoid was the size of a grapefruit and destroyed my ovary.  The gyno surgen also found a mass outside it and up in my fallopian tube so he manipulated the tube and said it came out of the tube so he left the tube there.  They sent it for biopsy and reports said it was benign(SP).  Now I seem to be going through the same thing symptoms are the same except its on my left side now. I haven't had children and am 30 yrs old trying to have kids and this ovary I have left has a history of a chocolate cyst inside 31/2years ago and busted on its own they didn't do anything for me then. Terrified its another dermoid now inside the ovary and am sure time is getting shorter and shorter.so fustrated and tired.
I'm so sorry to hear that.  I just had my first experience with a dermoid cyst yesterday.  Had to go to the ER from the pain.  I have 2, one on each ovary.  I'm 38, and I won't know what the doc has planned for me until tomorrow.  So I can commisserate with you on the pain.  I'm sorry about your chances for having kids.  That's heartbreaking.
Thank you for replying,and sorry to hear you are going through it as well.  Please keep in touch and let me know whats going on and good luck.
all my best Angie
hi, my right ovary was removed 6 yrs. ago due to dermoid cyst. right now im taking clomid in order for me to ovulate, im already 35 and still hoping that I'll conceive soon. my left ovary is my only chance of gettin' preg. all i can say is good luck to us.
I was just woundering if clomid was a fertility drug?
I had a very large dermoid cyst removed when I was ten.  The doctor did a partial hysterectomy of the whole right side.  I have two children, ages 2 and 4.  Amazingly I got pregnant--after three years!--without the use of drugs.  You can do it!  Now, I am now almost 34 and I have been diagnosed as having another dermoid on the left side.  It is relativley small--2 inches--but I am worried.  Anyone deal with this?
Greetings Smokey12,

I just visited the site today and wanted to let you know in 2003 I had a 6 cm dermoid removed from her left ovary and a 4 cm cyst drained from the right.  I've had cysts since I could remember and I have two sons:  Conceiving took long but my two seeds are a blessing.  For more than 12 years, I had cysts on each ovary and each were 5 and 6 cm.  They disappeared during my 1st trimester during my first pregancy and have come back and forth for more than 12 years.  I was told during my surgery that dermoids travel in pairs.  I have been also having the same pains as I had two years ago and went to the doctor and scheduled sonograms.  I saw two weeks ago two cysts: 1 that was 2 cm and the other averaged 6 to 8 cm.  I don't know yet if it is another dermoid but I too can attest to the similarities of my left dermoid.  I want to encourage you that you can too have miracles (babies) all you need is a piece of an ovary so do not worry just have faith because all things are possible through the Lord.  I will pray for you and also go get your breast checked as well.  I recently found out that I have cystic breasts.
Thank You everyone for your support I am still in search for answers and not giving up!!
had my right ovary removed in Feburary2005, due to a dermoid cyst inside the ovary. Its now 8 months later and I have a growth inside my left ovary and there not sure what it is and my ovary is 3cm larger than what it should be.I am so scared and I would like to know if anyone is going through the same thing. I live in the north in Canada so it takes time for testings up here, I was woundering if eating certian foods will help me. I have problems making a bowel movement and very bloated stomach and pressure in upper abdomen along with nausea.
Can anyone give any information or advice on this. Thank you Ang
When I was about 18 weeks pregnant I started having the pain and ended up in the ER and they couldn't figure out what it was about a month and a half later they found out it was dermoid cyst on my right ovary.  I ended up having surgery at 25 weeks pregnant to have it removed because it was getting so large.  It ended up  being the size of a fist.  I am 23.  My question is every where I have looked it doesn't say anything about the likelyhood of them coming back.  Does anyone know if you can get more?  The one I had removed was about a year ago.  I am starting to experience the same symtoms and have an appointment but have been researching to see if you can get them more than once.  Anyone know??
My sister is 29.  She had one of her ovaries removed 6-9 months ago. She just went back for her checkup - and now has a dermoid that's 5cm I think.  It's half the size of her remaining ovary.  It's growing fast - over 2cm in the last 3 months.  She doesn't have any kids - and thinks she might like to.  We're concerned at how fast it's growing. Are there any websites you have found that you might recommend that we can visit.  She's looking for a new doctor - the one she has doesn't seem to be in such in such a hurry.  Her current doctor has said she should be referred to someone more specialized -since this is her only ovary left.  Now she's in for a race against the clock - to get opions before the dermoid gets to big.  Please Help, any direction you can point me - so as I can try to help my sister.  Please pray for her too.  Thanks!
Hi, I'm from Sydney,Australia and I have been diagnosed with a submucosol fibroid, endometriosis and a demoid cyst on my right ovary and a cyst on my left. I've had two children and I am 42. I am in a lot of pain and have been to my local hospital in the emergency department and they sent me home because they said it wasn't life threatening. There are long waiting lists here, which has got to do with the way our politicians are running the health system.
I have to wait a month to see a specialist just for him/her to have a look at me. The problem is I'm scared that the desmoid cyst may be cancer. And the pain is mostly on my right side and at times the pain is like a screw driver going right through me. And I also get a burning pain. I also get referral pain shooting down my right leg. When I went to hospital I had been bleeding for more than 14 days with clotting as well.
I'm so tired too from the pain and the medication, which often makes me feel drowsy and the pain is still there.
Has anyone experienced the same sought of pain? I'm hoping to have a Hysterectomy. The things we have to suffer with!
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize