infection after leep

I was diagnosed with cinIII on feb 19 2008. seven months previous I had a clean pap. On march 5 2008 I had a leep done. 4 days later I started bleeding,(not bleeding until then), pain in ab, fever 99.7, bad headache. blood in urine and blood in my stool, very loose stool, in the toilet there is a ring around the bowl of blood. went to a walk in clinic, (my dr on vacation... figures) They put me on metronetazol 500mg 2x day and Levequin 500mg 1x. on meds for 3 days now, shouldnt the blood in my unrine and stool be going away. how long does it take or should I go to the ER?

Help
Tracy
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
Do you know if Levaquin is effective against MRSA (the drug resistant type of staph)?
Helpful - 0
Levaquin a a pretty strong broad spectrum antibiotic. I was told it was effective against staff also, when I had a cut on my leg that wasn't healing. There is an article on webmd about leep and side effects. Type leep in the webmd search engine.  
Helpful - 0
I'm not sure how long. I'm familiar with Metronidazole (antimicrobial) and it generally works pretty well. Did they do cultures on your stool and urine? A couple years ago I had fever, diarrhea and bloody stools and they checked it. Found out I had campylobacter and gave me Cipro. I saw improvement within the first couple days.

If you're not seeing any improvement at all (fever gone? easing of blood in stool and urine, general feeling better) then you should at least give the doctor's office a call. You don't want to add anemia and dehydration to the problems you have already.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.
Condoms are the most effective way to prevent HIV and STDs.