Ovarian Cancer Community

lump in armpit

Was told I had a 10cm growth on ovary... 4 months later had a second growth that was 5cm.At this point I still have optnot to have surgery. The risk factor of having cancer is very for me as there is no cancer in the family. Now 5 months after being told of the second growth I have developed a small pea size lump in my armpit. I hate to go back to the doctor ( as all they want to do is the surgery at this time). Can you give me your opion about. Could this lump in the armpit be more serious than I think and also could it increase the chances of it being cancer even if no cancer runs in the family

Thank you
I find this very interesting.  Two months ago I made a trip to the ER thinking I was having another kidney stone attack.  Only to find that I had ovarian cysts.  ER Doc suggested I contact my gynecologists.  After making an appointment with my doc and having a vaginal ultra-sound she found that my cysts had doubled in size in a week.  The one on my left side caused concern for my doc.  I am an other wise healthy 33 year old, mother of two, and have had my tubes tied since 96. Cancer does run in my family.  My grandmother died due to ovarian cancer and my sister lost a breast to cancer but is a survivor--thank the Lord.   My doc wanted to remove the cysts.  I was sent straight to the hospital and operated on that very evening.  During the operation my doc found that I had endometriosis on the left cyst, and removed that entire ovary.  The cyst on the right ovary was shelled out and I did not have to have a hysterectomy.  Within a month another cyst almost as large as the first had formed on my one remaining ovary.  With two elem. school age children I could not live on pain pills and my doc started me on a series of shots of Lupron.  The Lupron has ceased all menstral activity and has caused me to have some night sweats and hot flashes--but its better than the pain.  It has been 2.5 months now and last Friday I found a knot under my left arm.  Today ( 4days later) the knot is larger and my under arm is tender and sore.  Its the size of a marble.  Our cases sound very similar--except I opt for the surgery and you did not.  After contacting my doc about the knot she informed me she would check it out on Dec. 8th.  My already scheduled appointment date.  I am very curious if there is a connection with the ovarian cysts and the lumps under the arm??
I recently found a lump in my armpit area. Its smaller than a quarter, but its larger than a nickel. It doesn't hurt unless you press or try to measure it with your fingers. Is this something to be concerned about concidering I'm only 24?
                                Thanks, newmom031503
                                Thanks, newmom031503
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Smoking substitute may not provide such a healthy swap, after all.
How to lower your heart attack risk.
Trying to lose weight? Grab a snack that works with your diet, not against it. Check out these delicious, slimming foods.