newly dx stage IIIA endometrial ca with serous papillary features...seeking help

I am 44 yrs old.  I realize this site is for ovarian cancer, but I was told that my recent diagnosis of stage IIIA endometrial cancer acts like ovarian cancer. aug 15, I had a total hysterectomy including 45 lymph nodes removed. endo cancer with both endometriod and serous papillary features.  46% myometrial invasion, cervial stoma invasion, neg lymph nodes.  suspicious peritenial washing.  because of the suspcious washing they upstaged it to IIIA.

my confusion lies in that a major university/cancer center gynocologic oncologist presented my results to me today and said I have 3 choices:  1) GOG 209 trial; 2) follow tumor board recommendation-internal, external radiation therapy followed by 3 couses of chemo; 3) His recommendation-6 courses of carbo/taxol chemo.

obviously the 3 choice are very different.  I have not been able to find outcomes data on these.

Does anyone have any suggestions?  I would love to hear them.

eaa1964
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
is endometrial like peritonial cancer.  it acts like ovarian too.  when i went through my treatment the woman with peritonil  had IV taxol or taxetere and IP cisplatin  they are doing well at two years.  I know mosst Ovarian based cancers do not use radiation because it is so diffused.  good luck  
Helpful - 0
Oh google gog 0209, the 1st 0 was left out, lots of info.
Helpful - 0
http://med.stanford.edu/clinicaltrials/detail.do?studyId=322
Found this info from Stanford univ. about phase 3 trial, has a phone no. ( It may be where you are going not sure)
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cancer Community

Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.
Herpes spreads by oral, vaginal and anal sex.
STIs are the most common cause of genital sores.