A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.29k Members
9993516 tn?1407131590

ovary removal in the age 24

helo i'm 24 years old. i'm facing an irregular period cycle from my first period. that is why i first consult a doctor and he found that i have an ovarian cyst which is removed through a lapharotomy operation in 2008. my doctor saved my both ovary as i was so younger at that time only 19 yrs old. then i've given a 6 cycle chemotherapy. now after 6 yrs it is seen recurrent of another cyst in my right ovary again. still not sure that is cancerous or not. but considering my previous history my physician telling that i need an urgent operation where it may needed to remove my both ovary and uterus also. but it will be decided in the time of operation she cant assure me anything now. me and my boyfriend have just got married last year and we don't have any baby yet. i'm so scared what to do now? if i have only problem in my right ovary then why it is needed to remove both ovary and uterus also in that early age? wont it cause any problems further? please help me by answering. thanks in advance.
0 Responses
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child