A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cancer Community
6.28k Members
607451 tn?1220370754

pelvic pain

I am 26 years old....I have 2 children(one 7 and the other 5)....i got pregnant with a third when my son was only 3 months old....i regretfully got an abortion..since then i can not lose weight in my belly...i have extreme pains....mainly during my period and everytime i have any type of penitration...i know i need to see a docter..but im afraid of what it could be...and what i might need done...i just would like some advice and some answers to what might possibly being going on with my body....
1 Responses
599170 tn?1300977493
Hi-Welcome to med help' this community of caring online people has helped me greatly.
I am a bit older than you (46) but we seem to have some things in common,Please let me know if I am wrong but in reading your question it seems you have some unresolved feelings over abortion choice, is this true?
I had an abortion at 19 so I understand that ( have 3 sons now). I work in medical field and have dealt with female troubles of my own for 20 years so I do have some knowledge.
If I was going to make an educated guess it sounds to me like you have developed endometriosis.This would have absolutley nothing to do with abortion.Are your periods heavier than before?
I understand being afraid, but even in the very worst case an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. No matter what you have and most things are treatable when caught early. You need to force yourself to go to a good gyn as soon as humanly possible.
Ask your friends and other people you know who they go to, do not just pick someone who is close by or randomly. I picked a bad gyn once and it cost me a year of pain and an extra surgery.
I can see you are very much into your children I love their names, THEY NEED THEIR MOMMY. iF NOTHING ELSE GO TO DOCTOR FOR THEM.
A brief history of me and how iknow alot about female stuff. 19, abortion,23 miscarriage , 1st d an c, pregnancy heavy bleeding bed ridden 5 mth. 1 normal pregnancy. 3rd pregnancy he wanted to be born too early was hospitalised entire last 2 mths, many magnesium sulfate (painful ) treatments. Ok until I turned 40, developed painful intercorse, heavy periods, painful periods, back pain, diagnosed w endometriosis. they did a d and c ok for 2 years, same symptoms another d and c also removed endometrial tissue, at 45 pain was un bearable my uterus felt like a brick, got a partial hysterectomy removed uterus (3x normal size and cervix) was ok for 2 mth developed cyst on left ovary. just had both ovarys and tubes removed last thursday, had a lot of adhesions and scar tissue from previous surgerys.So I really get where you are comming from
As far as weight, have you had your thyroid checked??10% of women have hypo thyrodism which makes you gain weight ( dry skin hair and loss of sex intrest , depression also symptoms)
Please contact me after you go to doctors, God Bless==Cherie762
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.
Here’s how your baby’s growing in your body each week.
These common ADD/ADHD myths could already be hurting your child
This article will tell you more about strength training at home, giving you some options that require little to no equipment.