Ovarian Cancer Community

pressure in pelvic area

i have been feeling so much pressure in my pelvic area,and my right side has been in so much pain,the same side where i feel like there is something under my rib cage.i am scheduled for a lapro on dec.6 ,but the pain is worse,and i have been feeling really weak and at times shaky.and when i have a bowel movement,it hurts so much afterwards.does this relate to anyone else? i am unsure what i should do.should ijust let it go til dec.?  thank you
If you are suffering with severe pain, I would suggest going to the ER.  Pain is never an option.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
If the pain is worse you should see the doctor.I have some of your symptoms with a 6cm cyst.I have intermittent pain under the rib cage and tenderness in the area near the cyst,bloating and strange bowel movements.I don't have pain after the b.m
just that i get easily constipated and then it hurts.I have been uncomfortable almost all the time but never in serious pain.Talk to the Doctor and tell them your pain level has increased..good luck

Mary

thanks girls! i appreciate it! do you also suffer hip pain?i have constant pain in my right hip.and i am also curious ,do you have spasms in that area?
I had hip pain.  In fact, the reason the cyst was found in the first place was that I had a MRI for back pain.  They saw a "mass" to the right of my uterus.
thank you. i have had this hip pain since august and it is not getting any better. i love to talk to you girls.you are always a big help!
I had major hip pain with my dermoid (2 softball sized ones!!) Sometimes it was so bad I could not get up from my desk!  Fortunately that all went away once the dermoids were removed.
~Tascha
I had tailbone and hip pain.Doctor sent me for a spinal x-ray! She was convinced I had hurt my back but I 'knew' it wasnt that.I also had rectal pressure for which I had a trip to er
and a rectal exam!!
Mary
Hi, I am having the same type of pains that you are.  My back hurts, crampy abdomen, and hip pain (my pain starts in my back and travels around my hip to my abdomen.  I always tell my doctor it is like labor pain or major menstral cramps that do not go away).  Does this sound like your pain?  I have not had a tvus done yet, as my supplemental insurance does not kick in untill January.  I may not be able to hold off that long as the pain is getting really bad.  PLease let us know what you find out.  Kasie
Check out my post to Angel22 regarding "Chronic Pain." I am learning much about vericose veins in the pelvic region. They can cause chronic pelvic pain. Often the problem is not caught because these wayward veins cannot be seen when a woman is lying down (during an MRI)...take a look at the info I found, though...something to think about.

Best to all, Mary

What an interesting post that was.  Thank you for putting up that information.  It certainly explains a lot.
I didn't really have the menstrual type pain you have.It is more in my lower back and hip area.And the rectal pressure(feels like i always have to have a b.m). However,everyone is different and it depends on where the cyst or mass is and of course how large it is.I have had some pain under rib cage and bloating etc but I would suggest if you can to get it checked out before January.Good Luck
Mary
Just wanted to also share that  I have had horrible hip pan with my cysts.  It seems that is where most of my pain centered.  Once I had my right oophorectormy the hip pain left.  I knew I had more cysts on my left ovary when the hip pain started up again but this time on my left side.  (3 cysts on that ovary right now) Does anyone know why this is?  Is the cyst on some nerve that is connected to the hip?  I don't think doctors ever associate hip pain with ovarian cysts.  Not sure why that is, seems to be a complaint of my women with the cysts.
Learn how to spot the warning signs of this “silent killer.”
Diet and digestion have more to do with cancer prevention than you may realize