white blood cell boost after chemo

Your thoughts regarding wbc boost 24 hours after chemo?
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
If you're talking about a Neulasta shot, that's the way I also had it. It's the way they find that it works best.
The Neulasta shot should be given 24 hrs. post chemo.   Side effects .. usually bone pain .. varies with each individual.  Mine is not bad .. tylenol XS works well.

You definitely want the shot.

Judy
I got my Neulasta injection 30 minutes after each chemo.....and I had severe bone pain.....maybe that's why!?   I took perscription meds for the pain.....it was bad enough I couldn't sleep at night.  It is definately different for each of us.  I am glad I got the shots as there were times when my counts were really low.
Peace.
dian
I got my shots in my "belly" (just below the waist).  I would grab a good inch of fat (no problem with that), squeeze it, and the nurse would give me the shot.  I don't know if this would have any affect on pain .. but I am lucky in that mine is not horrific.

I use this method since many of the cancer patients from my former job liked to get their shots this way.  It has worked for me.