Ovarian Cysts Community

1 Ovarian Cyst - 3 different findings

My doctor found a ovarian cyst on my left side in April. I already had 2 pelvic ultrasounds and a MRI. However, the reports show 3 different results. The first ultrasound found a complex cyst, it could be hemorrhagic; the MRI said it could be a endometriosis cyst. Then the second ultrasound showed it could be a dermoid cyst.

The doctor recommended a laparoscopy surgery. I know I have to go thru the surgery since my husband and I have been trying for 10 months, and no good news so far. But how can I be sure since I don't even know what type of cyst I have? Does it really matter?
Regardless of the type the surgery would still be necessary.  You need to be sure and be safe, plus there is a risk of rupture or torsion (twisting) which could lead to a medical emergency.
Thank you, TrudieC. I am seeing another doctor for second opinion. Hopefully, I'll find out more.
Yes. Surgery is necessary in many cases where the cyst won't go away on its own. Laparoscopy or laporotomy depending on the size of the cyst. But I think you need to make sure what type of cyst you have especially since you have not had a baby. You will need to keep your medical records in tact for your pregnancy. (personal experience)