A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.08k Members

1 Ovarian Cyst - 3 different findings

Hello,
My doctor found a ovarian cyst on my left side in April. I already had 2 pelvic ultrasounds and a MRI. However, the reports show 3 different results. The first ultrasound found a complex cyst, it could be hemorrhagic; the MRI said it could be a endometriosis cyst. Then the second ultrasound showed it could be a dermoid cyst.

The doctor recommended a laparoscopy surgery. I know I have to go thru the surgery since my husband and I have been trying for 10 months, and no good news so far. But how can I be sure since I don't even know what type of cyst I have? Does it really matter?
3 Responses
483733 tn?1326798446
Regardless of the type the surgery would still be necessary.  You need to be sure and be safe, plus there is a risk of rupture or torsion (twisting) which could lead to a medical emergency.
Thank you, TrudieC. I am seeing another doctor for second opinion. Hopefully, I'll find out more.
Yes. Surgery is necessary in many cases where the cyst won't go away on its own. Laparoscopy or laporotomy depending on the size of the cyst. But I think you need to make sure what type of cyst you have especially since you have not had a baby. You will need to keep your medical records in tact for your pregnancy. (personal experience)
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.