Ovarian Cysts Community

22 cm HUGE ovarian cyst surgery - terrified

I’m only 14 and am getting surgery for a 22 cm cyst removal. I’ve known about it for about 3 weeks and going in for surgery in 4 days. I was supposed to have it 6 days ago but I caught the flu and it had to be rescheduled. I’m really scared about the entire expierience. They don’t know if it’s solid or fluid filled and won’t until they go in laporascopically, if it’s solid I’ll need open surgery. Very scared can anyone help me deal with this and tell me info
COMMUNITY LEADER
I'm sorry you're going through this. A 22cm cyst is quite large but I've heard of even bigger ones and surgeries went well. Since you are young, you should get through it more easily. Do you know if the surgeon plans to remove just the cyst and save your ovary or most of it?
Hi thanks for answering .... the surgeon wants to save the ovary because of my age but there’s no guarentee he will be able to because of the size. He won’t know until he goes in if he will be able to save it or not