Aa
A
A
A
Close
Ovarian Cysts Community
6.03k Members

4.4 cm ovarian cysts for a 11yr old

My daughter is 11yrs old with an ovarian cysts of 4.4cm... Her testosterone levels are high, her glucose levels are high.. her blood level has dropped to a 9... What should I do...  The first doctor said she was ok.. moths after I took her back to the second doctor which sent her to do more test which came up with the results of the results I mentioned earlier... But she was not clear on how to treat her.. please what should I do....
1 Responses
COMMUNITY LEADER
With the high testosterone and glucose levels as well as the ovarian cysts, it's possible she could have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is a metabolic disorder of insulin resistance. Cystic ovaries are a common manifestation of this disorder. The typical presentation of ovarian cysts associated with PCOS is a strand of pearls which cannot always be differentiated as separate cysts on ultrasound. These types of cysts do not require treatment. Girls / women with PCOS who are overweight can usually improve their insulin resistance as well as the other characteristics of PCOS by losing some weight.

Best of luck in finding a doctor who can help her.
Have an Answer?
Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1518219421
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.