Ovarian Cysts Community

4.4 cm ovarian cysts for a 11yr old

My daughter is 11yrs old with an ovarian cysts of 4.4cm... Her testosterone levels are high, her glucose levels are high.. her blood level has dropped to a 9... What should I do...  The first doctor said she was ok.. moths after I took her back to the second doctor which sent her to do more test which came up with the results of the results I mentioned earlier... But she was not clear on how to treat her.. please what should I do....
COMMUNITY LEADER
With the high testosterone and glucose levels as well as the ovarian cysts, it's possible she could have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) which is a metabolic disorder of insulin resistance. Cystic ovaries are a common manifestation of this disorder. The typical presentation of ovarian cysts associated with PCOS is a strand of pearls which cannot always be differentiated as separate cysts on ultrasound. These types of cysts do not require treatment. Girls / women with PCOS who are overweight can usually improve their insulin resistance as well as the other characteristics of PCOS by losing some weight.

Best of luck in finding a doctor who can help her.