Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

After ruptured chocolate cyst removal bathroom issues

On July 10, 2009 I had a ruptured chocolate cyst removed I've been doing pretty well.  A few days ago I went to the bathroom and started crying because it hurt to pee.  If this helps anyone I had a laporotomy.  
I have no idea what is going on, but even after the surgery I had an easier time peeing.  Could it be my cyst is back already? Or is it something else?  I also get the feeling that I don't empty my bladder all the way.  I did  pee in the shower the other day while water was washing over my bladder and I got the feeling it was empty, but I was sore in about 5 minutes.  
In case it helps you I'm a very small girl, on a good day I barely scrape 100lbs.  I have stage four endometriosis.  I opted not to have my ovary removed.  Should I have the the ovary removed or what?  I would call my doctor and ask her, but it's kind of a small clinic.  Any information on this would be nice.
7 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
483733 tn?1326798446
You should go and see your doctor.  You may have another cyst, you may have issues with adhesions, or you may have endo issues.  Good luck and keep us posted.
Helpful - 0
Another possible cause is urinary tract infection or other pelvic infection.  Whatever it is, you do need to see a doctor to get a proper diagnosis.  If it is an infection, then a course of antibiotics will solve the problem.
Helpful - 0
That would be nice if I could take them.  I can't though, I'd have a fever of 104+ the whole time. What I have to is try natural remedies.
Helpful - 0
Let me give you some more information. It's the incision sight that hurts. And as far as I can tell my ovary that had the ruptured cyst is what hurts.
Helpful - 0
1006035 tn?1485575897
Yeah, when teddybears4ever2 (my sister) takes antibiotics it is very frightening to see the side affects. I really don't like having to take care of her when she is on them, she's so miserable. Her doctor refuses to make her take them because it is  too dangerous.

I've also heard that endo is often misdiagnosed as UTI's.
Helpful - 0
Well that's discouraging news.  Antibiotics are so helpful it's such a shame that you are unable to use them.

One last idea I have (if it is urinary tract related) is cranberry juice.  It works well to prevent bacteria from sticking to the urinary tract.  It might bring you some relief.
Helpful - 0
I drink a lot of cranberry juice because it is so good and good for you.  After dealing with this allergy for 10+ years.  My Grandma turned me on to it many years ago, God rest her wonderful soul.  
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Ovarian Cysts Community

Top Women's Health Answerers
363281 tn?1590104173
Nelson, New Zealand
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.